Hot Chocolate Spoons
Dip and swirl these chocolate spoons into hot chocolate, milk or coffee for a delicious festive treat.
And they make brilliant teacher or neighbours gifts - when you need a little gift for someone special!!
WHAT YOU NEED
- dark chocolate
- white chocolate
- wooden spoons
- toppings - mini marshmallows, crushed candy canes, peanut butter
- food grade essential oils from doTERRA
Oils that team beautifully with chocolate include Peppermint, Wild Orange, Ginger and Lime.
Prepare your wooden spoons by stamping some Christmas images onto the handles. I have used acrylic stamps from Stampin' Up and Ali Edwards and a black Staz On ink pad and Stampin' Up ink pads. You could also leave the spoons as is if you prefer.
I bought the wooden spoons from Centaur Packaging.
Melt your chocolates in two separate bowls/cups/mugs and allow to cool slightly before stirring in your essential oils... coat your spoons into the melted chocolate. Rest them on baking paper.
Add your toppings...some ideas to get you started:
- drizzle white chocolate over your dark chocolate
- add smashed candy cane pieces
- top with mini marshmallows and drizzle more chocolate over the top.
- dip the tips of your chocolate spoons into white chocolate for a two tone effect.
- Add a drop of white chocolate to your dark chocolate spoon and using a toothpick or skewer, swirl the white chocolate for a marble effect.
Place in fridge or freezer to set.
Print out some tags onto kraft paper and package in cellophane bags ready for gift giving.